Re: Bump macOS Xcode baseline to 11?

Stephan Bergmann kirjoitti 17.2.2020 klo 12.59:
The current Xcode version appears to be 11.3.1.  I have no idea whether we would need/want to explicitly require Xcode 11.3 or be happy with just Xcode 11, but if we bump anyway it would probably make sense to bump to Xcode 11.3, just to be on the safe side.  (See the "whether Xcode is new enough" check in configure.ac.)

For reference:
https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode_release_notes/xcode_11_release_notes
https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode_release_notes/xcode_11_3_1_release_notes

The cool thing is we would get support for std::any, ::optional and ::variant (added in Xcode 10).

Regarding C++20 support, the support table here is incomplete, but does have some stuff added: https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/compiler_support If someone feels like doing some C++ colouring book work in the Apple Clang column, go ahead :) or email me your evidence of supported things and I will do it.

Ilmari