Re: Speeding up CI builds? (Re: ESC meeting minutes: 2020-01-23)

On 30/01/2020 13:01, Luboš Luňák wrote:
On Thursday 30 of January 2020, Noel Grandin wrote:
On 2020/01/30 12:57 PM, Luboš Luňák wrote:
cross-compiling (it should preferably be exactly the same Clang version
as the one used on the Mac).

Noting that Apple ships a modified version of Clang (ie. it's a branch not
a tag), so that might be a little trickier than expected.

  Yes, I know, that's why I explicitly mentioned that. But LLVM offers Clang
download for Mac too, so possibly(?) this could be handled by downloading the
same Clang version for both Mac and Linux.

Then again, CI builds would ideally use a baseline toolchain.