Re: ESC meeting minutes: 2020-01-16

On 16/01/2020 17:43, Luboš Luňák wrote:
On Thursday 16 of January 2020, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
On 16/01/2020 16:50, Luboš Luňák wrote:
   Note that distclean cleans up the clang compiler plugin, so for the
clang slaves that would practically disable ccache.

Wasn't that ccache set up to ignore changes to the plugin?  (But I may
well mis-remember, and generally don't know much about ccache and
setting it up.)

  I don't know if something special has been done about ccache for Jenkins
builds, but normally ccache for each compilations remembers a hash of
everything the compilation depends on, and verifies it before reusing a
cached result. Compiling the clang plugin again will change the file (unless
somebody knows how to prevent that), and so the hash will change.

<https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/plugins/gitiles/lode/+/b5b9b75f631140059dc3605a7058aa93882c3ca0%5E!> "disable compiler check for ccache and clang plugin compile" should be relevant here IIUC. (I also think there was a discussion on this ML about it back then, but can't find it right now.)