Re: Using SourceTrail as additional explorer tool detection

Chris Sherlock kirjoitti 2.1.2020 klo 23.58:
On 2 Jan 2020, at 7:50 am, William Gathoye (LibreOffice) <william.gathoye@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello everyone,

By spending most of my LibreOffice time on Twitter for the LibreOfficeFR
twitter account, I noticed quite a few sponsored tweets for a recent
code explorer tool called SourceTrail.

Regis [1], from the LibreOfficeFR community, mentioned this tool as well.

Could we see in SourceTrail a more recent alternative to our OpenGrok
instance? Is this a tool we can recommend newcomers to use to get to
know the LibreOffice source code?

Regards,

[1] https://twitter.com/regmoi/status/1209959677183827968

I can’t read French (my loss), but can you provide more info on what SourceTrail is?

Free and open-source cross-platform source explorer

https://www.sourcetrail.com/

"Sourcetrail provides both overview and details by combining an interactive dependency graph, a concise code view and efficient code search, all built into an easy-to-use cross-platform developer tool. It supports you in exploring legacy code, understanding the implementation and refactoring the software architecture, making it a fun experience for the whole family!"

Ilmari