Re: Accessing code for Calc functions

Hi Steve,
On 26.11.2019 17:15, Steve Fanning wrote:
I am currently working as a member of the Documentation Team, updating
Chapter 18 of the Calc Guide (Description of Functions). From time to
time during this task, I would benefit from viewing the code that
implements individual functions but have not been able to find that
code. Could somebody give me some hints please?

The code of most Calc functions is in sc/source/core/tool/interpr#.cxx, with # ranging from 1 to 8.

In sc/source/core/tool/interpr4.cxx is a function ScInterpreter::Interpret() with a large switch statement which handles the function calls. E.g. 'case ocSum :  ScSum(); break;' shows that the SUM function is ScSum, which git grep (or opengrok) tells you is in sc/source/core/tool/interpr6.cxx.

Some functions belong to a group 'Add-in functions' and are essentially functions that Excel had as a special package. These are handled quite differently and in scaddins/source/analysis and scaddins/source/financial.

HTH,

Winfried