Re: MacOS build issue

On 14.11.19 17:51, Michael Stahl wrote:
On 14.11.19 17:06, Chris Sherlock wrote:
Hey all,

I’m running macOS Catalina. After getting some help tweaking the lode setup script to handled Catalina, I’ve now gotten to the point where I am running make, but I get an error.

I’ve run the verbose make option in the hope that someone might be able to assist me with the following error I’m getting:

christophersherlock@imac core % make clean

i'm guessing that this ^ is a recent make that was built by lode

rm -fr /Users/christophersherlock/repos/lode/dev/core/test-install
rm -fr /Users/christophersherlock/repos/lode/dev/core/instdir
rm -fr /Users/christophersherlock/repos/lode/dev/core/workdir
christophersherlock@imac core % make GMAKE_OPTIONS='VERBOSE=1'
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -j 1  VERBOSE=1

i'm guessing that this ^ is some 10 year old thing that doesn't support $(file)

then your config_host.mk contains export HAVE_GNUMAKE_FILE_FUNC=TRUE but it's a lie and nothing works...

quite frankly i wonder if we should just remove support for building with make < 4.0 on master; better to have a clear error message than funny inconsistent build configurations leading to mysterious errors...