Re: We'd like to continue the production of the 32-bit deb packages

Thanks Michael for the head up about build-nocheck. I used it as a last resort, because I am still unable to have 'make' finished without an error if I don't add that parameter.

The use of that parameter is even sort of advised on the LibreOffice blog (https://blog.documentfoundation.org/blog/2019/06/12/start-developing-libreoffice-download-the-source-code-and-build-on-linux/)

"If you would like to compile without unit tests (for example, if you don’t want to check that what you have changed in the source code will cause regressions), use the build-nocheck parameter instead"

El jue., 8 ago. 2019 a las 10:54, Eike Rathke (<erack@xxxxxxxxxx>) escribió:
Hi dreamnext,

On Thursday, 2019-08-08 10:36:17 -0500, dreamnext@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Thanks for you help. the 'make build-nocheck' did  the trick of passing the
> unit test, and it finishes successfully :-)
>
> Now I'm on the stage of trying to build distributable deb files.

Which isn't recommendable though.. or rather ill-advised. Building
without checks and distributing means it may (and probably will) fail
for the end user when installed. Checks are there for a reason. make
build-nocheck does not pass the tests, it skips them. Actually
build-nocheck should never be recommended unless someone wants to do
private builds to investigate failures or do modifications and at the
end would run a build with checks again.

  Eike

--
GPG key 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A