Re: Make ooxml-handles work in odp

Hi Miklos,

Miklos Vajna schrieb am 06-Aug-19 um 09:26:
Hi Regina,
[..]
2) I wonder if you want to behave differently for ooxml- shapes if they
are loaded from ODF or OOXML. I thought that the idea for ooxml- shapes
is exactly that the know they are from OOXML, so no matter if they are
loaded from ODF or OOXML, we handle them the way MSO does. But perhaps
there is some detail I miss here. :-)

[ If you load a shape from PPTX, then save to ODP, reload, you probably
expect unchanged behavior, correct? ]

Yes, that is the goal, that ooxml-shapes from .pptx and from saved .odp behave the same. But currently the handles in shapes from .odp are not moveable.

The missing detail is this: When the model is build from .pptx the shapes contain the attributes RefX, RefY, RefR and RefAngle. These attributes bind the handle to the adjustment value. They are needed to calculate the new adjustment value, when the user moves the handle. But these attributes are not stored in .odp and ODF has no means to do so. In .pptx they are neither stored directly, but they are added from the preset definition in the .pptx import filter. So my idea is, to add them in the .odp case too.

I found that MergeDefault is called for .odp to merge the defaults from the old kind MS shapes, which are used in our sets. So I thought it would a good place to add the missing parts of the ooxml-shapes here too. My patch works already in its current state, but it is not 'nice'.

Kind regards
Regina