Re: tdf#74702 2/2

Hi,

On 06.07.19 19:59, Adrien Ollier wrote:

Well IMHO the problem that you even have to think about this is that OutputDevice is a enormous class, and then you have to deal with another even more enormous subclass vcl::Window, which should never be a subclass of OutputDevice in the first place. However the work to change that is quite big and non-trivial. Once that is done I'm sure the need that a user needs to know with what subclass of OutputDevice it deals with will be mostly gone. Until then I'm also comfortable with the status quo and still have the enum and work with conditions for the outside use. From inside the hierarchy of course it is better to use polymorphism.

Regards, Tomaž