Re: Change shape from text box mode to ordinary shape in Writer

Hi all,

Regina Henschel schrieb am 01-Jul-19 um 20:26:

My questions: Is it possible at all? If yes, what do I have overlooked?

I have found my mistake. The structure of the custom shape geometry was not correct.

But the result doesn't convince me. I consider to import "shape with transformed text" as group, one object for the shape and one object for the transformed text. (Although I yet do not know how to do it.)

Such Word object is surely a decorative object in a text document. Therefore it is not good, to have either the shape or the transformed text. You need both.

Another advantage of a group is, that text wrap is preserved without large conversions. If only one Fontwork shape is used, without conversions, text layout changes because the bounding rectangle is used for text wrap in LibreOffice.

Kind regards
Regina