Re: Master build unit test failed

On 13/05/2019 15:07, Franklin Weng wrote:
I tried to build the master branch and failed in the unit test.

./autogen.sh --with-language="en-US zh-TW" --with-locales="zh_TW en_US"

About --with-locales (introduced with <https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/plugins/gitiles/core/+/0c0fbc3f8b09017c490ae77794aad3e7417b9c23%5E!/> "Add a new configure switch --with-locales for restricting the included locales") configure.ac says

    AS_HELP_STRING([--with-locales="en es pt fr zh kr ja"],
        [Use this option to limit the locale information built in.
         Separate multiple locales with space.
         Very experimental and might well break stuff.
         Just a desperate measure to shrink code and data size.
         By default all the locales available is included.
         This option is completely unrelated to --with-lang.])

and I very much assume your CppunitTest_sal_rtl failures are caused by a poor adaption of those tests to that WITH_LOCALE* configuration space.

So send patches to fix that, or just don't use the marked-as-highly-experimental --with-locales. (What made you think it would be a good idea to use that configure option anyway? Is it perhaps misguidedly mentioned in any online instructions?)

make -j4

The first time failed messages:
https://pastebin.com/D04KuJuJ

The second time failed messages:
https://pastebin.com/tQHPxVk8

During these two times I built it with build-nocheck and succeeded.