Re: Ccache depend mode

On 07.05.19 11:32, Luboš Luňák wrote:

- We use -MMD, which exludes ... headers (or even our externals, since for
those we use -isystem too).

no, -isystem can't be used with bundled externals because it breaks incremental builds.... with -I we get deps on the headers [to be rewritten into deps on the UnpackedTarball target by concat-deps], and since we don't copy the headers out of the UnpackedTarball dir incremental builds tend to work fine, with oboslete .so.N files littering instdir as the only problem typically.

  * Since we use -MMD, our make dependencies ignore such changes as well.
This could be mitigated by switching to -MD, but that'd affect make
performance by blowing up the number of dependencies, which I think is not
worth it.

agree; typically system header files only change in incompatible ways on distro-upgrades so you know to "make clean" twice a year.