Re: Commit 66203

Hey Eike,
I still have lot many problems. I doesn't allow me to commit.

komal@komal-Vostro-15-3568:~/Downloads/libo$ ./logerrit submit master
Enumerating objects: 15, done.
Counting objects: 100% (15/15), done.
Delta compression using up to 4 threads
Compressing objects: 100% (11/11), done.
Writing objects: 100% (11/11), 1.19 KiB | 174.00 KiB/s, done.
Total 11 (delta 9), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: Resolving deltas: 100% (9/9)
remote: Processing changes: refs: 1, done
To ssh://logerrit/core
 ! [remote rejected]           HEAD -> refs/for/master (change https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/65890 closed)
error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://logerrit/core'

I also tried rebase on this link- https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/66203/.
But it shows this error- The change could not be rebased due to a conflict during merge.

The problem is I haven't done any changes but now I want to resolve this *Cannot .
Merge* issue given on the link.
After git cherry-pick --continue, what should I do?
Because I did ./logerrit submit master, as shown above. But it has errors.

I have tried almost every possible to commit, but nothing works. Please help!
I will be really grateful for your help.

Regards,
Komal

On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 8:58 PM Eike Rathke <erack@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Komal,

On Sunday, 2019-01-20 11:25:58 +0530, Komal Bharadiya wrote:

> I followed the steps you suggested. I am on the local branch of the
> repository.
> [...]
> komal@komal-Vostro-15-3568:~/Downloads/libo$  git fetch
> https://git.libreoffice.org/core refs/changes/03/66203/2 && git cherry-pick FETCH_HEAD
> [...]
> On branch my_first1
> [...]
> no changes added to commit
> The previous cherry-pick is now empty, possibly due to conflict resolution.
> If you wish to commit it anyway, use:
>
>     git commit --allow-empty
>
> Otherwise, please use 'git reset'
> _____________________________________________________________________________________________________
> komal@komal-Vostro-15-3568:~/Downloads/libo$  git cherry-pick --continue
> On branch my_first1
> [...]
> no changes added to commit
> The previous cherry-pick is now empty, possibly due to conflict resolution.
> [...]

I deduce that you are on a local branch that still contains the commit
you submitted as change 66203 to gerrit. That's fine, you're almost
there ;-)

You can then skip the cherry-pick from gerrit because, as git says, it
would result in an empty commit as there are no changes.

You need to do the second step I mentioned to rebase to current master then:

> > issue the commands
> >
> >   git fetch
> >   git rebase origin/master

and resolve the merge conflicts and proceed as described earlier in my
previous mail.

  Eike

--
GPG key 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A