Contributing for GSoC 2019

Hello,
I am a final year student  in computer Engineering at university of Buea-Cameroon.
Libreoffice is an office suit i used everyday  and i will love to use my Python skills to contribute to it hoping to participate in GSoC 2019 through  it.

I am new to open source and will love to start contributing immediately. please can someone tell me how to  get started?

Thanking you,