Re: Compiler baselines

On 08/12/2018 19:35, Markus Mohrhard wrote:
Gandalf is not a CentOS based buildbot but the self-built gcc is now available under "/opt/rh/devtoolset-7/root/usr/bin/gcc" to reduce the differences between the different buildbots and make it easier to move jobs between different jenkins VMs. The only difference is that the gcc is version 8.2 instead of 7.3.

Additionally, I have now also used the same CC and CXX setting for the random config build bot (https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=ceb32911f07b63fda074facba377eeb4d5946cdf). Based on that I think gandalf can be used again for the tinderbox job and therefore hopefully take a bit of load of the gerrit build machines.

But shared libs and executables built with that CXX, when executed during the build, will pick up an older libstdc++.so.6 from the system (and thus fail when they use functionality not present in the old libstdc++ version), no?