Google Code-in tasks

Hi!

On Fri, 7 Sep 2018 at 17:30, <libreoffice-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 * Google Code In for pre university students from 13 to 17 (Thorsten)
   + https://codein.withgoogle.com/
   + organizations can apply between Sep/06-17
   + we need agreement from mentors
     + official categorization: "Code, Documentation/Training, Outreach/Research,
       Quality Assurance, or Design"
   + we have to prepare a list of bite-sized tasks; needed with the application

Looks like we already have a list of some tasks which was made in 2015 -

Other tasks which might be used for Code-in -

Build LibreOffice from source code on your machine
Remove copy-paste codes (tdf#39593)
Convert manual tests to automated UI tests (tdf#107501)
Write a blog post explaining any ten reasons why our clang plug-in might cause a build failure when we upload our code to Jenkins (e.g. unused variables, unnecessary parentheses, redundant cast, etc.)
Convert tests to python (tdf#97361, tdf#97362)
Include Gerrit link in bibisect log (tdf#84479)

In fact, I feel many other bugs in Bugzilla with keyword topicCleanup can be used as tasks for GCI.

Regards,
Saurav

     + https://developers.google.com/open-source/gci/resources/example-tasks
   + mentoring mostly from UX, QA, translation ? (Thorsten)
     + if you think it is useful & have cycles
     + can look into the sign-up myself.
AI:  + discuss in the staff meeting (Sophie, Heiko, Xisco)
     + deadline is the 17th.