Re: Connection tracking debugging?!

Mandi! Grant Taylor
  In chel di` si favelave...

Sorry for the late answer, but i was busy in other things...

> > How can i 'debug' this issue? Thanks.
> I'd check the output of dmesg to see if you're exhausting the state table.
> If you are, you'll see all sorts of messages from the kernel. At least I did
> when I ran into this years ago.  Adding memory addressed the problem then.

No, i've not sayed that, but was the first things i've looked for, no
conntrack table overflow...

> Short of that low hanging fruit I'd start with packet captures so that you
> can watch the traffic flow.  I occasionally see invalid traffic after the
> flow should have been closed.
>
> It looks like your client may be sending TCP Reset packets.  This could be
> directly related to how different systems terminate a TCP connection.  --
> Even if the clients agree, they may be doing something different than the
> connection tracker helper expects, thus causing a subsequent packet to be
> considered invalid after a shorter shutdown.

Could be that passing thru a proxy (SSL/CONNECT, squid) could lead to
more TCP resets? Seems that proxied connection reset more frequently...

I see in proxy cache.log file sometimes:

	2021/06/04 12:41:07| TunnelStateData::Connection::error: FD 20: read/write failure: (32) Broken pipe