Re: tbf queue question

On 5/5/21 4:21 PM, Doug Rorem wrote:
Thanks for the reply - adding a TBF queue to the outgoing ens2 interface definitely changes the outgoing bandwidth!

You're welcome.  I'm glad that it worked the way that you want.

I was mistaken thinking I could rate limit the output of ens1 to the internal bridge.

Eh ... I would not have expected that to work that way. Joining an interface to a bridge is more about the processing that happens in the kernel, especially with regard to forwarding. There may be a chance that if you applied the rate limiting to the bridge interface that it might have effected passing up the stack into the kernel and processes bound to IP ports on the bridge interface. But I wouldn't hold my breath for that either. Definitely needs to be tested before being relied on.

I'm glad that things worked out the way that you wanted in the end.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die