strong vs weak host

Hi all,

I followed "Using netem on one..." with interest and want to thank the participants. I'd never come across those terms (strong host, weak host, arp flux) before. Researching them broadened my networking understanding tremendously.

The following link hit all the bases in your discussion: https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/258810/ linux-source-routing-strong-end-system-model-strong-host-model ?answertab=votes#tab-top

My question has to do with cost between the models where cost refers to time to route. Since the strong model seems to involve a lot more decision making is there an appreciable difference in the time spent routing versus the weak model or is the difference so small as to be inconsequential?

Thanks again for the continuing education,
Mike Wright