Re: rp_filter

On 07/13/2018 09:23 AM, Leroy Tennison wrote:
Is there a definitive way to tell that rp_filter is dropping traffic (in this case echo request) other than disabling it and seeing the expected traffic (echo reply)? I tried an iptables packet trace but I either did it wrong or it showed nothing. The only indications I have right now are:

Check dmesg. That's the most reliable place I've seen for logs about (so called) "martian" packets.

No firewall rules blocking traffic but no replies either.

It seems like reverse path filtering operates at a lower layer before IPTables.

The problem is subnet-specific (only occurs on a directly-connected subnet).

Odd.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die