Re: Route fallback issue

Hi netdev community,

I have 2 interfaces
eno1 : 192.168.1.10/24
eno2 : 192.168.2.10/24

I added routes as
172.16.0.0/12 via 192.168.1.254 metric 1
172.16.0.0/12 via 192.168.2.254 metric 2

My intention : All traffic to 172.16.0.0/12 should go thru eno1. If
192.168.1.254 is not reachable (no arp entry or link down), then it
should fall back to eno2.

But this is not working. My box keeps on looking for 192.168.1.254
(i.e. sending arp requests) and never falls back.

I have posted this in lartc but looks like solution, if any, has to be
from netdev.

Your views on this.

Do we have some plan/roadmap to resolve this in linux kernel?