Realms...

Does anyone have any experience using realms with iproute2?

I found the following tweet from @majek04 quite interesting.

https://twitter.com/majek04/status/961508042142633984
Linux routing - there is an old concept named "realm". "Realm" seem to be a group of routes. Docs are poor. "tc route ..." can select based on realm - so in/out realm must be preserved for each routed packet.
http://www.policyrouting.org/PolicyRoutingBook/ONLINE/CH07.web.html
https://www.systutorials.com/docs/linux/man/8-tc-route/
https://www.systutorials.com/docs/linux/man/8-ip-route/

Based on that tweet I've done a little bit of playing and now have realms on my router.

root@router# ip rule show
10:     from all lookup local local
20:     from all lookup main main
30:     from all lookup reject reject
40:     from all lookup bogons bogons
50:     from all lookup spamhaus-drop spamhaus-drop
60:     from all lookup spamhaus-edrop spamhaus-edrop
70:     from all lookup dshield dshield
80:     from all lookup default default

I can also see some information from rtacct about what realms have been used.

root@router# rtacct        # white space adjusted
#kernel
Realm      BytesTo    PktsTo     BytesFrom  PktsFrom
           BPSTo      PPSTo      BPSFrom    PPSFrom
unknown        120550K     330614         76          1
                     0          0          0          0
local               76          1          0          0
                     0          0          0          0
main             3012M     741344    100756K      1094K
                     0          0          0          0
default         99530K      1085K      3128M      1037K
                     0          0          0          0

I'd love to know if anyone has any first hand experience with iproute2 realms and what that experience is.

Notes:  I defined the realm names in /etc/iproute2/rt_realms.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die