Re: Problem to priorize SSH traffic

Ludovic Leroy wrote:
Hello Andy,

I have put it badly. My linux system is used as a firewall/router for a
small local network that is connected to eth0 interface.
I have created a dedicated class on eth1 interface to access files on a
shared network drive integrated into the DSL modem.

If you are shaping on eth you need to be careful what you do with arp.

Using htb default in your setup sends arp to 99, but as you have sfq on
that it will work. If say you had pfifo on it then the arp may get
delayed long enough for the kernel to thing that the remote has gone,
which is not good.

The default default for htb lets things through unshaped which is good
for arp.