Re: HTB scheduler, problem with blocking high priority traffic

Ewa Janczukowicz wrote:
Hello again,
Just to give you an update.
I have tried different options, changing burst, cburst, ceil, rate and
quantums, but I could not see any improvement.
Different configurations only changes when and how many times my high
priority traffic gets starved by the low priority one (sometimes the
priority traffic is blocked up to three times in random moments
sometimes only once).

I am using the following configuration now:
tc qdisc add dev br0 handle 1: root htb default 15

tc class add dev br0 parent 1:1 classid 1:15 htb rate 10bit ceil 1000kbit prio 2

tc qdisc add dev br0 parent 1:15 handle 50: pfifo limit 1000

I don't know if it affects your test but using default catches arp
and it's not a good idea to send arp to a potentially "crap" class!