HTB + netem - weird be haviour of a queue size

Hello,

I want to emulate ADSL link behaviour.
For that I decided to use netem and configure its rate and delay parameters.

Additionally I test different queuing configurations e.g. htb.
Since if I use htb, I can only configure netem on leaves, I decided to
create a virtual bridge.
As a results I have the following configuration:
- I have virtual bridge (br0) and I attached the phycical inerface to it.
- On virtual bridge I configure htb
- On physical interface I configure netem.

However using htb and netem changes the queue size.

If I only use htb, the queue size is 1000. The same happens if I only use netem.
However when I use both of them, the queue size becomes much shorter.

Is there any way I can check what queue size is configured?
I know I can overwrite this configuration, however finally I am not
sure how netem and htb interact and what queue I configure.

Thank you in advance for any help.