Limiting bandwidth per user (unknown IP)

Hello LARTC community,

I have a project where I want to limit bandwidth per user connection. For
instance all users that will be connecting to my HTTP server will be
provided 256 Kbps.

I know how to do it from known IP addresses by marking and allocating each
IP to its own QoS class (actually they all have the same, ie 256 Kbps).
This involves to create a lot of lines (one by IP) in iptables and tc.

The tricky thing - from my point of view - is to be able to dynamically
allocate each user (you don't know his IP in advance) to his QoS class from
iptables and tc (reminder : all users must be allocated the same bandwidth).

I would sincerely appreciate your help on this.

Regards

Jérôme