Routing back fails on Multiple Interfaces

Hi ,
I have a multi nic router setup.

172.0.0.1/24  |---------(eth1)(Internet)
eth0(LAN)----|
                      |---------(eth2)(Internet)

When both the Links are up and connected , the  ROUTING fails
to route the packet back to the LAN on one of the Links .
Eg
172.1.1.1->100.1.1.1  routed to eth1 , which(i m MASQURADING) SNAT's
to x.x.x.x ->100.1.1.1
there is reply from 100.1.1.1->x.x.x.x. I see the packet in the
PREROUTING Mangle table and also in TCPDUMP . But after that the
packet is lost.
I did try to log the packet in FORWARD , mangle table , it did not reach here .

Conntrack -E , also show the SYN_RECV state for the packet.

But when only one link is in connected state , it works fine.
Also,when both the links are up it routes fine on one of the interfaces.
The connectivity of the links are fine as i m using this in a private setup.

I m using fwmark ip route table to route the packets on the particular
interface .
I m using Linux Kernel version 3.12.14 .

Can someone shed some light this ?

Thanks,
Anand