Question on a packet traversing a queue tree with root TBF

Hello,
I currently have a queuing tree set up in the following way:
  tc qdisc add dev emane0 root handle 1: tbf rate 6Mbit burst 10Kb limit 2Mbit
  tc qdisc add dev emane0 parent 1: handle 10: prio

  tc qdisc add dev emane0 parent 10:1 handle 20: pfifo
  tc qdisc add dev emane0 parent 10:2 handle 30: sfq
  tc qdisc add dev emane0 parent 10:3 handle 40: sfq

  tc filter add dev emane0 parent 10: protocol ip u32 match ip tos 0x10 0xff flowid 10:1
  tc filter add dev emane0 parent 10: protocol ip u32 match ip tos 0x04 0xff flowid 10:2

The question I have has to do with how packets traverse the queues. I know with classful queuing that the packets are enqueued and dequeued at the root qdisc. With an HTB setup, packet classification occurs first, then the packets go to the leaf qdiscs, gets shaped by the inner classes, then the root HTB qdisc shapes the outgoing traffic.
Would the behavior be the same if the root qdisc is a Token Bucket Filter, as in the above tree? Does the shaping of the TBF act on a flow of packets upon ingress or egress from the queueing tree?

Thanks for the help!