Re: Linux the best hardware for routing with 10 and 40G network adapter

I'm not familiar with fq_codel, but it doesn't look to have priority
queues which is one of our primary concerns. 40 Gb is pretty fast, but
we are concerned about run away processes in our cluster that could
saturate uplinks or even the PCI bus at these speeds. We need to keep
heartbeats and management traffic alive to be able to solve these
problems. It seems that fq_codel really helps with latency and
bufferbloat (which would also be good for us) and it is possible that
it would be adequate since we are DSCP marking packets and the
switches are applying L2 COS. I'll have to look over it. If you have
some information that would be helpful, I'd be happy to have it.