Re: [Cerowrt-devel] Correctly calculating overheads on unknown connections

Hi Billy,

Please can you share your modified script?

Alan

On 21/09/14 22:18, Billy Tallis wrote:
On my Linux boxes ping has a -A option for adaptive ping, effectively
sending out a new ping as soon as the reply to the last one is received,
instead of having to wait a fixed period of time between pings. I
modified ping_sweeper to use that last December when I was still on a
DSL link and was able to find the overhead with only a few minutes of
collecting data. (The connection was 6Mbps down, 512kbps up.) There was
a bit of noise in the data from other traffic in the house, but the
stair-step shape of the plot was unmistakeable and the octave script had
no trouble identifying the per-packet overhead.