Hook location of IMQ

Hi All,

I've posted a couple of questions over on linuximq.net but the discussion
there seems quiet, so I'll try here to see if anyone here can point me in
the right direction.

Currently I use IMQ devices and TC to limit bandwidth to clients; this is
all working very well, except that the byte counters I'm relying on for
counting the clients data seems to be 'before' IMQ does its work.

For example; I've got rules in the 'mangle/forward' table for assigning the
clients data to the IMQ device and rules in the 'filter/forward' table which
matches the client's data and I'm counting their traffic from here.

However, according to this packet flow show on linuximq.net
(http://www.docum.org/docum.org/kptd/) the IMQ hook is after 'POSTROUTING'
which means that even though I'm using '-j IMQ' in the 'mangle/forward'
table to limit the bandwidth before counting; the counters are still
counting all packets; including dropped ones by IMQ.

There doesn't seem to be any more 'chains' after the IMQ hook which I could
rely upon to 'count' the data after IMQ has done its job.

I realise that when compiling the kernel, I can choose where IMQ hooks in
(before or after NAT); currently I have selected as 'AB'.

What I'd like to know is;

a) Is there something I'm missing; is there somewhere I can count the
packets after IMQ's work is done?
b) If not, is there some way I can modify the IMQ hook to be in-between the
'mangle/forward' and 'filter/forward' chains.

Any help/comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Steve.