bridging vlan tagged packet problems

Hi,
I'm currently trying to set up a virtual machine that uses vlan
interfaces. The guests "physical" interface (eth0) is plugged into a
bridge on the host together with the physical interface (eth2) of the host.

The problem is that while I can send pings in the guest trough e.g.
eth0.10 all I see is ARP requests but no response.
Checking the pings target system I can see the ARP request arriving and
the response leaving with the correct Layer 2 address as the destination
(the MAC of the virtual machine).

However doing a tcpdump on the host on the physical interface eth2 only
shows the requests leaving but no responses arriving. I looks like the
host is filtering the incoming traffic.

Iptables is deactivated and the bridge knobs look like this:

[root@node1 ~]# for i in `ls -1 /proc/sys/net/bridge/*`; do echo -n "$i
= "; cat $i; done
/proc/sys/net/bridge/bridge-nf-call-arptables = 0
/proc/sys/net/bridge/bridge-nf-call-ip6tables = 0
/proc/sys/net/bridge/bridge-nf-call-iptables = 0
/proc/sys/net/bridge/bridge-nf-filter-pppoe-tagged = 0
/proc/sys/net/bridge/bridge-nf-filter-vlan-tagged = 0

Does anyone have an idea why the incoming traffic is blocked/not routed?

Regards,
  Dennis