Re: SFQ + speed caps

Using htb you could have each user hitting a separate class, each with a RATE and a common CEIL so that they can all burst if the line isnt contended... Then feed each of those that info BFIFO with limit set just over 2x MTU sized packets (if the connection is relatively slow). Alternatively if your O/S has it check out fq_codel.

I could do that but for a class C lan I would have to create 256 seperate classes and 256 separate filters. Each for every ip. Whereas in SFQ you only have to specify that the hashing algorithm should work on the dst field & 0xFF and everything works automatically. For more than 256 ips things will get really clattered. Also I wonder if speed is an issue here with so many rules.

I haven't heard about fq_codel. I will give it a look.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Regards,

Dimitris