Shaping and Flow control capability of Linux TC ?

Hi Folks,

I'm new to linux TC and trying to develop PCEF(Policy control and Enforcement Functionality) module using Linux TC feature [ on a COTS hardware] .

In this regard I started testing in my LAN and I'm able to control bandwidth for 10 machines using Linux TC. Now I want to take it it further by using TC for controlling large number of flows/machines .

Before investing time and resource on this activity, I have some questions.

My question to community is that "CAN TC BE USED TO SHAPE LARGE NUMBER OF FLOW say around 10k", is there any known limitation ?

Anyone used TC to control large number of flows ?

I have gone through lot of open source materiel available on net but almost all doc's talk about controlling very limited number of flows and emphasis more on Qdisc.

Many Thanks,
sunil

--

Sunil Vasanta