Re: Ghost traffic seen in all guest on a kvm hypervisor

This is a Centos 6 System and I haven't set the aging explicitly but from the output of showstp it seems the aging is set to a non-zero value by default:

# brctl showstp vlanbr8
vlanbr8
 bridge id              8000.00259035bc06
 designated root        8000.00259035bc06
 root port                 0
 path cost                 0
 max age                  19.99
 bridge max age           19.99
 hello time                1.99
 bridge hello time         1.99
 forward delay            14.99
 bridge forward delay     14.99
 ageing time             299.95
 hello timer               1.85
 tcn timer                 0.00
 topology change timer     0.00
 gc timer                 15.85
 hash elasticity           4
 hash max                512
 mc last member count      2
 mc init query count       2
 mc router                 1
 mc snooping               1
 mc last member timer      0.99
 mc membership timer     259.96
 mc querier timer        254.96
 mc query interval       124.98
 mc response interval      9.99
 mc init query interval   31.24
 flags

The question though is that even if the bridge acted as a hub wouldn't the guest drop the packets anyway since the MAC doesn't match? In other words I would expect to see the packets on the interface with tcpdump but not that the traffic gets counted as incoming traffic on the interface.

Regards,
  Dennis