Traffic control for multimedia devices

Hi,

I have been working on an approach to improve bandwidth
management using ingress traffic control on multimedia devices when the
users are both watching streamed videos and downloading other contents.
The difficulty is that it is not possible to know the total amount of
available bandwidth on mobile networks as it's constantly changing. So
it's not possible to assign a static bandwidth for each kind of traffic.

The implemented demo splits the traffic into critical traffic and
background traffic. The media player indicates when the current
critical traffic rate is too low for its purpose and trigger a traffic
control daemon to update dynamically the ingress policing.

I wrote about it there:
http://alban-apinc.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/traffic-control-for-multimedia-devices.html

The code is LGPL.

I am looking forward to reading your feedback.

Alban