Load balancing multiple ADSL connections

I currently have a T1 connection which is 1.5M both ways and costs $350 a month - and the only internet access available besides dialup.
I'm moving into a new area where ADSL is offered, 1.5M/768k for $35 a month.

I was thinking, if I rent some rack space in a server room with a 10 MBit connection, could I have my Linux gateway set up with 6 NIC cards, 1 LAN and 5xADSL with VPN to my server? The server could feed data across all 5 lines evenly and possibly meter the data based on the ping times. That way I would have a lot more bandwidth for the dollar. 7 MBit down and 3.5MBit up for $275 a month, assuming the rack space costs $100/mo

However I have been searching around and have not found any answer that the standard Linux kernel / OpenVPN can do something like this. Particularly with the ADSL you don't get a fixed bandwidth so you need to dynamically adjust your throttling based on what you get.

I see load balancing routers but they are connection based - i.e. any one file transfer would still operate at 1.5 MBit, you can just have multiple at the same time. This causes problems too, in my office we have load balancing proxy servers and since your IP address changes all the time many secure websites do not work.

I have a home office so I need to make sure that the ping times stay low. This is pretty easy with the T1 because of the fixed bandwidth.

The ADSL provider does not support bonding - that would be an easy option but unfortunately not available. T1's can be bonded but that's too expensive.

Bas