Re: Filter matching problems

John A. Sullivan III wrote:
On Sat, 2012-10-06 at 07:12 -0400, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
On Sat, 2012-10-06 at 09:19 +0100, Andy Furniss wrote:
John A. Sullivan III wrote:
Hello, all.  Can anyone tell me why this filter does not match anything
when I think it should match everything:

tc filter replace dev bond3 parent ffff: protocol ip prio 1 u32 match u8
0 0 action mirred egress redirect dev ifb0

Well there's no flowid - but if I do that on eth0 it still works but I
do get a warning - I suppose older tc may be less forgiving.

filter protocol ip pref 1 u32 fh 800::800 order 2048 key ht 800 bkt 0
terminal flowid ???  (rule hit 5 success 5)

I assume ifb0 is up

ip li set up dev ifb0

I've never tried on a bond, so don't know if that's it.

Hmm . . .it worked for us on our Debian Squeeze test system but this
production one is CentOS 5.7 so it could be the age.  However, on an
ingress qdisc, where would I send the returning packets? Do I send them
to the regular egress qdisc? Thanks - John
<snip>
Ah, I do see examples with flowid :1.  What is :1? Thanks - John

:1 is just shorthand for 0:1, I don't think it's useful as such on ingress - but may be needed just because tc expects (or once expected) you to set one.

On egress it could be useful IIRC it gets saved before the packet goes to ifb and then restored when it returns, so any qdisc on the real if would see it.