Re: How to route between Networks?

On 2012-06-24T10:32:58+0200, With No Name <withnoname@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have read the Howtoo at http://lartc.org/lartc.html but I do not
> understamnd how to route between three networks and one Internet gateway.
>
> So, I have a physical Linux Router with 4 NICs
>
> 1)  Internet Access FTTH 100 MBit with one fixed IP
> 2)  192.168.0.0/24
> 2)  192.168.1.0/24
> 3)  192.168.2.0/24
>
> DNS:         192.168.0.11
> Webserver:   192.168.1.111
> Workstation: 192.168.2.222
>
> Normaly someone would NAT the three later networks which would let all
> three networks access the Internet Gateway 1) but then you can not access
> any Computers inside of it.
>
> So, my question is:  Do I need a BGP router?
> (I need to learn it and maybe I will use Zebra)

No, there is nothing for BGP to do here.

> Is there a Howto which explain Step-By-Step how to do this routing?

Have you assigned an IP address from each of those networks to the
corresponding interfaces? Other than that, you just have to set the
sysctl net.ipv4.ip_forward to 1. Generally you can set this
permanently in /etc/sysctl.conf. Then the Linux router will route
among those networks.

--
Kenyon Ralph