Re: Some more test on ingress, ifb, fwmark

Mandi! Andy Furniss
  In chel di` si favelave...

> >for the tx buffer, you mean that ''doesn't bother'', or i've to set
> >accordingly the sfq buffer with the 'limit' paremeter?
> >But i don't define a sfq for the parent, i've to setup the limit
> >parameter for every children?
> Setting it as you did is probably OK, I was just pointing out that
> lengths of the sfqs would be sfqs default and not that.

Ok. Apply the same ''bufferbloat'' rule, eg, as low as possible?
Or setting (with limit) the queue on sfqs too low can be dangerous?

> It's not like setting mtu on real eth which of course takes ip
> length and may cause fragmentation/icmp frag needed if something
> bigger tries to pass.

Reviewing my script i've finally understood that you speak about 'mtu'
parameter on htb parent class.
Really, i don't remember because i've had set that parameter. Removed
immediately. ;)

> >What are the best strategy to compute burst/cburst and buffers, if
> >there's one?
> I don't know. I just set high (few k) for interactive traffic  and
> low (but not 0) for bulk.

Roughly the same rule. Tnx.

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin				    GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/

	   http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/chi_siamo/5xmille.php