Re: tc htb + prio = very slow link

Sebastian Moeller wrote:

Well, AFAIK HTB requires me to specify rates for all classes, whereas I just want strict prioritization. I don't care if the lower classes starve while the upper queues are congested. I want them to starve, actually.

	Isn't that what you get when you specify the same rate and ceil value for all cases but increasing priorities? (Plus I guess you would need to set up a filter for each band, but I am out of my league here).

No, htb prio doesn't do that rates on leafs are guaranteed (even if that means exceeding their parent rate).

According to the doc -

http://luxik.cdi.cz/~devik/qos/htb/manual/userg.htm

htb prio affects sharing of excess and helps with latency.