Re: Some more test on ingress, ifb, fwmark

On Thu, 2012-04-19 at 18:30 +0200, Marco Gaiarin wrote:
> Ok, now that i'm on business with fwmark, i'm testing ifb, as a way to
> do ingress policying based on fwmarks.

You can't. IFB hooks into the interface *before* iptables, so you won't
see any marks on the packets.

> Last chance imq. Someone just know if in imq i can use netfilter, so i
> can save some test-time?

Yes, this is your only chance. I've not used IMQ for a long time, but
from memory you can choose where to hook it into iptables. Question 4 of
the FAQ has further details:

http://linuximq.net/faq.html

The disadvantage is that you'll need to patch your kernel unfortunately.

As always, the kernel packet flow diagram is very useful:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/37/Netfilter-packet-flow.svg

Andy