Re: fwmark and ingress

Mandi! Andy Furniss
  In chel di` si favelave...

> >	http://mailman.ds9a.nl/pipermail/lartc/2005q2/015400.html
> >where seems that the trouble came from CONFIG_NET_CLS_IND and
> >CONFIG_NET_CLS_ACT kernel compile time options. But probably also that
> >aree old.
> Probably won't work anymore - but then I haven't tested. The old
> policer referred to in that post has gone.

Time when men was man, and recompile ther own kernel, passed away...
;-)

> Maybe u32 and ifb rather than imq or just u32 on ingress.

Ops, i've wrote 'imq' but i was thinking about ifb. sorry.

> You can use u32 on ingress to set fwmark - well you could once,
> these docs are also quite old, but are in current iproute2 git.

I know that. But i set marks using some advanced iptables feature, for
example connmark_sip to match VoIP traffic, and i use also connmark
save/connmark restore to prevent the re-marking of all the traffic.

For that, i'm looking for a way to policy (for ingress, it will suffice
to drop) traffic based on connmarks.

I've to do some test, but for now i've two question:

1) as stated in previous email, i'm not clear if i have to create an
 ifb interface for every phisical one, or i can create different
interfaces.
Ok, probably traffic come back to the correct interface, but police
rule apply, i think, to the sum of traffic from all interfaces...

2) the marks that i set inside the ifb interfaces, will survive to the
 outher one? this post:
	http://mailman.ds9a.nl/pipermail/lartc/2006q4/019720.html
 say me no, and seems also reasonable.

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin				    GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/

	   http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/chi_siamo/5xmille.php