Question about TC and simulating delay

Hey everyone,
We have georedundant servers in production, and due to the delay
between them, we are encountering some errors with a database. Now, we
are unable to replicate in our QA lab because everything is located in
the same building. To resolve this, we want to use tc. Basically what
I need to do is use tc to add a 15 ms delay on egress for anything
within the destination subnet of the "georedundant" site. Likewise, we
want to add an ingress delay for anything from the georedundant site.

Now, I was planning to use HTB for this, however when I follow the
manpage for htb it says that I *must* specify the rate for each of the
child classes. The thing is, when I try to specify a rate of 1000mbps
(the line speed) I get an error "HTB: quantum of class 10001 is big."

I am planning on having a root class, and two child classes, one for
the georedundant subnet, and one for the default. However if the
georedundant is being used, I want it to use the full bandwidth
available on the line, I don't want to limit it - we simply have too
much data going across (2x1Gbps links running ALB).

So can anyone advise on how to get HTB to accept that rate? The only
documentation I've found thus far refers to calculating burst, and a
lot of their numbers aren't explained very well. The documentation
isn't very helpful.
-Matthew