Re: Anyone remember Routeskeeper?

On 20/12/11 18:54, Andrew Beverley wrote:

> I'd not come across routeskeeper, but if you need to roll your own
> instead, then you may find the following set of scripts useful:
>
> http://andybev.com/index.php/PortalShaper
>
> It's a bunch of iptables and iproute2 rules that load share, amongst
> other things. You should be able to just pull out what you need. I'm
> currently working on the addition of LSM to monitor the status of
> external links.
>
> Failing that, I found the following as quite a good tutorial:
>
> http://www.sysresccd.org/Sysresccd-Networking-EN-Iptables-and-netfilter-load-balancing-using-connmark

Thanks for those, I'll add them to my reading list. I remember the basic
rules and how to set something up as a static config, but I'm after
replicating the set-up/tear-down as well, and I want to improve things
so I can more easily change stuff without needing a restart, because the
original script didn't provide for re-reading the config file. Plus the
fact that Perl is not a language I've used much.

I guess dead gateway detection is also useful, given that it's the link
beyond the DSL/cable modem that's important.

Dave