Re: How to fight with encrypted p2p

Hi,

We had similiar problem with p2p, used ipp2p and L7filter together
before and worked well until clients( mostly clever ones) started
getting around it with encryption. We have about 700 wireless clients
hitting our network and our network was taking big knocks with guys
using couple of gigs day on entry level packages.

Was going to use Ipoque, but was quite pricy for us, Only solutions
for us to use a daily limit of eg 500MB, then they get slowed down to
slower speeds, This worked like a charm

Out of interest we used freeradius / pptpd|pppd  with some custom perl
scripts and tc rules

Sew