Re: How does one increase the output buffer size?

gypsy@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Quoting Andy Furniss <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

gypsy wrote:
In 2.4 kernels, there was a [bp]fifo that could be implemented with 'tc
add', but in 2.6 kernels, I find no way to create either of these
fifos.  I am able to increase txqueuelen.

What I desire is a larger number of backlogged packetes before drops
occur.

How can the output buffer size be increased for HTB?
[b|p]fifo and sfq and limit parameter work OK for me as children of htb leaf classes on all the 2.6s I've used.

Andy.

Could you please check your .config file and tell me the name of the line that
creates b|pfifo module?  "It just ain't there" for me...
--
gypsy

Hmm maybe I haven't hit that one yet - I am a bit behind with my kernels.

andy@noki:~$ grep -i fifo /boot/config-2.6.21.1
CONFIG_NET_SCH_FIFO=y
# CONFIG_PARPORT_PC_FIFO is not set

I am using bfifo on this box.