Re: tc doesn't shape correct

Johan Huysmans wrote:
Here is my tc config, maybe something is wrong with that config:

/sbin/tc qdisc  del dev bond1 root

I would see if it's the same on normal eth and/or try using child queues on the classes - htb may be using a very small queuelen because there is no default queue on the bond.

/sbin/tc qdisc  add dev bond1 root handle 1: htb default 1
/sbin/tc class add dev bond1 parent 1: classid 1:1 htb rate 1000mbit burst 1310720

This isn't really shaping anyway (rate 1000 is too high because of overheads) so I would use default 0 (or don't specify) which means unclassified traffic goes unshaped. HTB default also catches arp which is worth considering.

There could be other reasons - timers maybe, or if your nic uses tcp segmentation offload then locally generated tcp may go through a super sized packets - this makes htb underlimit them and shows a giants on the output of -

tc -s class ls dev ..

you can turn TSO off with ethtool -k

On the filters prio 0 is not the highest 1 is, thouh it won't matter here.

Andy.