Best setup for redundant routers.

I am setting up 2 Vyatta routers that will serve as redundant failover
core routers out to the backbone of our ISP. They will be serving for
routing between other branches and the ISP and bandwidth management.

I am trying to differentiate between the plethora of information about
having redundant, automatic failover routers and pretty much decided on
VRRP for the IP address failover mechanism.

I am having a bit of a problem sorting out what will work best for
automatic routing propagation between the two units and have been
looking at the possibility of using OSPF to accomplish this to avoid
having to enter routes into two different routers.

Would OSPF work well for this? Are there better options?

Thanks for any info,

Shane McKinley