Re: Multiple routing query

No way!!!

Thanks Peter, I have a feeling this means that I was stumped by what I thought
was the simplest and most failsafe program to test network connexions around.

I never ever even thought of checking that ping might not be behaving itself.
Doh!  This means (I think) that it was working all along.

Many thanks for that again Peter,

Mike.

Mensaje citado por Peter Rabbitson <rabbit+list@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Mike Harris wrote:
> > I test this using ping but it doesn't seem to work properly, whichever
> > interface is set as the default route becomes just that.  So 'ping -I
> > eth0 lartc.org' works but 'ping -I eth1 lartc.org' doesn't.
> >

> The source selection code of the ping binary is broken. Try
> -I 86.54.82.146
> as the source argument and watch your pings fly away.
>
> HTH
>
> Peter

------
Mike Harris, Psand
Tlf: +44 870 162 4927 x 2 / +34 696 763 122
Fax: +44 870 162 4925
Web: http://psand.net
IRC: irc.psand.net channel #psand
PGP: http://psand.net/mike/mike.gpg.pub